Sunday, June 19, 2011

Softball recap

Well, I didn't play Saturday's make-up game and I think it showed. We won Game 3 against Bethany Lutheran while I was out. So I came back for Game 4 against the other FBCG squad. Being that it was Father's Day, they had 9 players; we only had 8.

I led off and played left field, we had only three outfielders. I believe I made three. At bat, I hit four grounders to the left side of the field. I did beat two of them out and scored twice. They scored in the bottom of the first when our right fielder dropped a very easy fly ball. We broke out with 4-run innings in the fourth and sixth. they made it 4-2 in the fifth inning and it would have been more if SS Steve didn't make an awesome play on a ground ball to his left. We cut the game in the bottom of the 6th when we were up 8-2. They got a few guys on, but there were two very close plays at third base that their coach called them safe on. Both those guys came in. But with the bases cleared and two down, a grounder to short ended the game, with us coming out on top 8-7.

So we're 3-1. Unfortunately, I have to miss two weeks. We have a doubleheader next weekend and I will be in Dallas. The following weekend is July 4. I feel pretty good about the team, we are showing some signs of hitting. And the defense looks solid, eh, well, except for Grant.

No comments: