Monday, August 01, 2011

30

First full day with a 3 in front of my age. I'll have to post about my vacation maybe when I am in a good mood. Right now, I could not be more miserable.

1) Only the fucking Mets can do this. Two straight days. Losing in the 9th inning. Two outs. Home run to tie the game. And they lose the game in the next inning thanks to horseshit fundamentals, especially from Daniel Murphy. He has a very good bat and the baseball IQ of frozen yogurt. And to top tonight's disaster off, Catherine goes to the game tonight, sits in the left field stands, and gets Mike Stanton's grand slam ball. I want that ball so I can blow up the motherfucker.

2) Hundreds of dollars spent today on tires. And Royal Coach wants to charge me $800 to fix the scratch underneath my right headlight. Eight hundred for that? Kiss my arse.

3) The Nassau Coliseum bill did not pass. So the Islanders will likely move in four years. I'm not happy and I'm not sad. I'm for anything that will help the NHL grow and the Rangers win. And this was a great rivalry, but both teams haven't been good at the same time in 18 years. And no longer will the Isles just give effort just when they play the Rangers. Soon, they will be just another team on the schedule.

4) How was Dwight Yoakam not at least nominated for an Academy Award for his performance in Sling Blade?

5) NFL free agency is a week old. Jets keep Santonio Holmes, Antonio Cromartie, Eric Smith, Wayne Hunter, and Nick Folk. They add Plaxico Burress at wide receiver and Donald Strickland at CB. They lose Braylon Edwards, Brad Smith, Jason Taylor, Steve Weatherford, Kellen Clemens, Drew Coleman, and Brodney Pool. I still want to see them keep Shaun Ellis and James Ighedibo. Maybe Tony Richardson at fullback if there is space. And of course, the failure to get Naamdi Asomugha, who, along with Darrelle Revis, would have given the Jets the greatest pair of cornerbacks in the history of football. But he goes to Philly. Still no legitimate pass rusher. All six draft picks are signed. It's a decent offseason. Not great. I'm not feeling too good, considering the improvements New England (Haynesworth, Ocho Cinco) and Miami (Bush) made, but who really knows.

6) Nice to have a Blu-Ray player.

7) Thanks to ZaZa's for their sausage appetizer and carrot cake. Nothing short of amazing.

8) Gym is closed for two weeks. Really ticks me off.

9) The Florida State Fair is serving a cheeseburger topped with a scoop of deep fried ice cream. The "reasoning" behind that idea was putting the milkshake right on the burger.

10) Could go for some Jack Daniels about now.

No comments: