Friday, August 26, 2011

Just coming on the end of August…

Whenever we’re in that August 15-August 1 date range, I listen to “Waiting in the Weeds” by the Eagles almost every day. Kind of like listening to the Bee Gees “First of May” every...September 15.

Thanks to Q for inviting me to Cardinals-Cubs in Wrigley Field. Last Sunday night. The only player I reacted to was that scumbag Yadier Molina and I booed him vociferously. Of course, he hit two home runs. But this is the first game I have seen the Cubs lose at home in maybe 5 years. So the law of averages is catching up. The same law had better start catching up for the Mets record in that ballpark.

Before the game, we went to Cheesie’s, about three blocks south of Wrigley. This place specializes in making unique grilled cheese sandwiches. I had the monthly special, the Rocky Balboa. It was American, provolone, and Cheese Whiz along with Philly steak, sautéed mushrooms, and sautéed onions inside two thick pieces of sourdough bread. It was a great sandwich, though I could have used more steak. And the fries were pretty mediocre, I should have gone with sweet potato instead. I did like the Gold Peak iced tea dispenser however.

New York gets hit with the 6.0 earthquake on Tuesday and now Hurricane Irene is going to hit Saturday night. 100 mph winds running through the entire Eastern seaboard.

At long last, Come Thirsty has a social event on Saturday night. We used to do it once every month or two. It’s been four months and that is way too long.

Vanessa is such a sweet, interesting girl. But she’s almost too quiet and elusive. I know I am pretty intense, and to be fair, I don’t know if she can handle it. I don’t know if I really fit in with the whole Midwest mentality sometimes.

How in the world did I stop growing hair in the lower left part of my goatee? I need freakinRogaine for my face!

I love ROH, but right now, I need something to really get me super excited about it again. A new star, a new feud, more shows, just something. Maybe Punk in WWE is overshadowing it a little bit.

Upcoming books: Countdown to Lockdown by Mick Foley and Beyond Belief by Josh Hamilton

I am so ready for hockey season to begin.

No comments: