Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hangover Sunday

My eyes are weighing on me, but I'm hanging in there pretty well. Debating if I will go to Dwayne's house to watch Summer Slam or go to the Wood Dale Prairie festival. Probably depends on the weather.

1) Got 6 of 8 matches correct for the ROH show. Davey vs Roderick was awesome, as to be expected. The sleek, new look of the ring and guardrails was tremendous, the lighting looked incredibly professional, and the crowd was hot. Then came the audio issues and unexpected 10-15 minute delays between matches. Taping ended at 12:15 am which was just crazy.

2) Heartbreaking softball loss in the quarterfinals, 13-12. Season over. I batted 3-for-4, scored twice, drove in three, and made two catches, though I missed a dive in the first inning. But I did single and score to lead off the seventh inning when we were down by two. The mental mistakes were a joke. Runners on first and second, two outs, down by one, 5th place hitter coming up. Ground ball to the shortstop. With the muddy infield, he can't field it, so he just traps hit deep in the hole. And our ingenious captain breaks for home. And he's thrown out by three steps. It was a horrible way to lose. We gave them run after run after run.


No comments: