Monday, March 12, 2012

Chi-town weeekend with CI: Part 1

Thursday
Workout
Haircut
Library
Graham’s
Rest stop
Seven laps around the terminal
Took her 40 minutes from landing to getting to the curb
Parking space
Portillo’s
Big Beef
Hot dogs
Chocolate cake shake
Drove up Lake Shore Drive
Check in
Exchanged gifts
First kiss of the trip
Played CD and yada yada
Napped
DMK Burger Bar
Patty melt
Old school bookstore
Comedysportz
We sat front row center
Had a great time
Jokes about men’s studies for college majors and Number 5 for Chinese entrees
Red line back to hotel
Picked Nicole up
Dublin’s
Bass Ale
Took off around midnight

Friday
8:25 train, got me in around 9:30
I knew the girls had gone to the United Center.
I stepped outside, as I planned to take the green line from Clinton to State/Lake, then transfer to the red line and take that north towards the Magnificent Mile. And it was about 30 degrees, a little bit of wind, but it didn’t feel too bad. So I decided to man up and walk.
I met them at State/Chicago and we headed over towards the Hyatt where I had just been sitting.
But they also head about the Peninsula, which we passed by and they got the news that the Rangers were indeed staying at that hotel.
Bellhop douchebag wouldn’t let me stand under heat lamp so I stood outside
Freezing
Saw Boyle, Hagelin, Prust. I heard Richards and someone else was in the mix too.
They stayed there for three hours
After about 90 minutes, I’d had enough
Starbucks
Apple store
We met back up around 2:30 pm and headed back to the room.
While Nicole got ready, I massaged Catherine for maybe 45 minutes.
Gino’s East
Half cheese/half spinach
The girls had one slice each, Q and I each scarfed down 3!
Q drove recklessly, but got us to the building around 5:55, just before the doors opened.
Warmups, ran to bench
Hot girl from Indiana named Jessica
Blackhawk t-shirt, Blackhawk earrings, Blackhawk shoes, and a white Michael Del Zotto jersey
To minutes before warmups were going to start, I got kicked out when the asshole whose seat I was standing at showed up.
Q followed me like he was my freaking babysitter all the way up to my seat
No Del Zotto and no Dubinsky
Met Chris Frenzel during the first intermission
Prust scores, it’s 2-1 with eight minutes left.
Three fucking goals in six minutes
Richards finally scores with 40 seconds left, which meant nothing
Third straight loss
Fucking disaster
10:40 express train
Brooklyn Pilsner and John Daly at home at went to bed around 2 am.

No comments: