Monday, March 12, 2012

Chi-town weeekend with CI: Part 2

Saturday
I set my alarm for 6 and by the time I woke up and looked over at my alarm, it read 7:17. I hadn’t even started packing yet!
After 10 minutes of driving, I realized I didn’t even remember my coat.
Walked in around 9:15
Corner Bakery for coffee and Wi-Fi
Discovered the Intimacy kit ($5.50)
Two condoms, lubricating jelly,and 2 obstetrical towlettes.
Kind of like an adult jelly sandwich
After ten minutes of laughing uncontrollably, we headed back downstairs where Mom was waiting to pick us up.
Chicago Pizza & Oven Grinder
Great American salad
They teased me for dropping a lot of lettuce on the table when I tried to serve everyone.
Italian combination grinder
No more anchovies ever again
Navy Pier
Stained glass display
Irish store
T-shirt
$25.00 minimum purchase to use a credit card.
So I paid my last $20 cash.
Zeppole
Sports store
Gnomes for Cubs, Bulls, and Bears. Thank God there were no Blackhawk gnomes
45 minutes in Capi’s
Powdered sugar on her lips
We started walking north on LSD and saw a small beach
It was still about 45 and the sun was still trying to be seen as it was approaching 5 by this time.
Took our shoes off
Snapped a few photos of the scenery and each other
Back to room
Set up Bolland and Gnome with intimacy kit on the bed
Yada yada
Water Tower Place
Five minute wait for newspaper
Francesca’s
8:45
Roast Chicken
Tilapia with sautéed shrimp
Rudy
More yada yada in the middle of the movie, I think we missed 30 minutes because of it

Sunday


Barely slept
Must have been 10:00 when we were going to be ready for Walker Bros and by that time, I could see from our window that the line was out the door already. So we settled for Corner Bakery Café.
Subway ride 10 minutes, hour to O’Hare
Took train two stops back to Cumberland
Home by 2:00 pm
Broken gnome

No comments: