Monday, April 23, 2012

4/21 recap-17 hours out

5k
5:45 am
NY rye bagel with cream cheese
Arrived  at Willow Creek around 7:45 am, went right inside
Ran into Mike, who was volunteering
Corrine gave me a hug, even though we didn't remember each other's names
We chatted for maybe 15 minutes and she gave me her number
Cold enough, so we all waited inside
9-11 minute per mile group
Steady run near Natasha and Maggie
Mom handed my cup on the second water break
sprint uphill
Kept sprinting last half mile
28:45 time
I really feel I could have done it faster!
Coconut pineapple sparkling water
half a tasteless popyseed bagel
A few orange wedge
Anna Mayhew finished first in the 30's female division
Mays comes in 3rd
Drove 45 minutes to Berwyn
got lost walking downtown, trying to find the registration spot
Harlem Expresso
Dan and Sarah
Dan worked at the Daily Herald in the DuPage region
Had three beers at first three pubs
Maybe five beers over the entire afternoon
Never paid for a drink
Magner's Irish Cider, my first and likely last
Some holes were easier than others
Some were straight shots, some looped over, one looked like a skeeball machine
First pub-we were just shooting the breeze, maybe 100 drunks around us
All of a sudden, we heard the dreaded screeching of brakes and a crunch.
Turns out this cop made an illegal left towards Windsor Street where we were and another car ran into the front passenger side. There were no injuries and very little damage to either car. But some of the drunks viewed it as a photo opportunity.
Italian beef sandwich with very good homemade giardinera
Around the fifth bar, we were joined by a group of four women and one guy, who looked like a biker from Raider Nation. One of the women, around 45 and a total cougar, had a coke in one hand and some other small glass in the other. And she was talking and laughing rather loud.
Suzie and I wound uptalking for maybe ten minutes
My friends screamed at me to get her number
For me, it was just having a little fun.
Besides. Ioverheard she has a kid.
Red flag!
Back to Rosen's apartment for some Big Hurt beer
7% alcohol
Tastes like lemon/banana
Saw Suzie again at another bar, I think it was George's
Kissed her on the cheek
Took some flak for my Rangers hat
Cafe Labotte, down the street from Rosen's apartment
Philip Humber perfect game against Seattle
$3.00 pizza bread
Drove straight to Singles Connect at 6 pm
Smaller group this time
Met Matt, a fellow Rangers fan
Corrine, Laurie, Kim, Lib, Mike, Manish, all there
No Brian (my first twin), no Krista-Marie and sadly, no Melissa
Manish and i were wearing almost the same olive green sweater, he became my second twin
William was not, disappointing considering the Coyotes and Blackhawks were playing Game 5 that night.
Bearing fruit message
Went to Lucky Monk, long wait
We left and went straight to Pinstripes
Shell chicken and pasta
I got Anne's chicken, may have been a triple portion
Finally met Mario
50 years old, acts like he's 30
Left at midnight
Home at 12:05
I stayed up and watched Scream 4
In bed at 2 am

No comments: