Tuesday, April 03, 2012

I don't get it.



I was so happy tonight when the Rangers beat the Flyers to clinch the top seed in the Easter Conference. My banner had at least 30 likes on Facebook, more than I ever received about anything ever. Such a rush of exhilaration. Of course, the depleted Knicks blew a game to Indiana and that brings out all the Knicks-haters too. Including my girlfriend.

"F*** the Knicks and their LINjuries." I really can't believe I am with a girl who would say that about one of my teams and that player. A devout Christian who has overcome so many odds to make the Knicks, become a city-wide and global sensation, only to tear the meniscus in his knee and be forced to the sidelines. And she writes that publicly. It is so immature and rude and she doesn't even care about basketball. She became bitter at the Knicks when they traded Patrick Ewing. Yeah, I hated it too. But for her to have this kind of venom...I cannot fathom that kind of mentality.


No comments: