Monday, June 11, 2012

A lost weekend

I should never have gone near CI this weekend. This weekend was about seeing Nona and her friends first and foremost. CI was secondary, even though I stayed at her house. And considering the Mets were playing the Skanks in Skank Stadium, I knew going in this would likely be a disaster.

I got the last flight out, at 8:20 and arrived around 11 pm. Of course it took them another half hour to arrive, which was a joke. And I have never seen worse security at an airport in my life than this dump. There were four lanes for passenger pickup. Three of them were being used by cars that were already parked. I even saw one car parked against the curb...and there was not a person in the car or around the car.

So we're having breakfast a diner in Middle Village and Rob Dokes sends me a FB message.  He has the nerve to ask if I want to go to the Subway Series. I hadn't seen him in maybe eight years, so I thought that would be good. Plus the tickets were free, eventually I find out he has two. Even though it was good to see him, I should have said no. We went anyway. Four HR's off Johan. 9-1 final. Not to mention all the taunts I had to deal with from the "classy" Yankee fans, none of which I will repeat here.

Saturday night was just another rough loss, but at least I was already gone for the utter collapse of Sunday afternoon. Oh and the Devils are still alive too. I mean, nothing went even close to right. I expected Rex Ryan to die of a heart attack and Michael Del Zotto to get a 5 year contract extension.

I loved seeing Nona again and it was great meeting Jeanne, Carlos, Nelson, Dan, and everyone else. In fact, a part of me wishes I had just hung with them and them alone. The Thai place for Friday lunch, Saturday brunch at Peel's, Euro Cup soccer, fun conversations about unique and different things (technology, travel, the Bible, siblings, the Middle East, restaurants, and yes, sports); all of that was fun. I had good times alone going to Gray's Papaya and SBI-NY as well. And sure, a repeat visit to Arturo's is always good. The sports and dealing with those five damn cats was pure torture. I just don't want to deal with it anymore.

No comments: