Sunday, June 24, 2012

A weekend at home for a change

Welcome to my 20 regular readers, even though I only know who maybe, 2 of you are.

1) Good to visit Swedish Days after missing it last year. I enjoyed my Egg Harbor cheeseburger and lemonade shakeup followed by a Swedish cinnamon roll for Graham's.

2) Went to a Hi Infidelity concert. I enjoyed it, though I realize how few of those arena rock songs I know. And I am incredibly disappointed that even though they played four or five REO Speedwagon songs, they did not play "Take it On the Run." Terrible job.

 3) Softball is 1-2, game 4 is at 2 p.m Sunday. After some serious training this week, I'll be back after missing Game 3, and more than ready to go.

4) Kristin seems like a really cool girl. Not sure I can keep up with someone who dances as much as she does, but hey, I can go for a challenge.

 5) So I'm going to two games at Wrigley Field this week. I may as well wager money on the Cubs winning Monday and Wednesday and the Mets winning on Tuesday, since that game is the only one I won't be going to.

 6) I sometimes think I would rather be in love with someone who doesn't care about sports vs. someone who hates most of my teams. 

7) Can't wait to try the Four-Course sandwich at Fifty/30 on Wednesday afternoon.

 8) It's amazing how much healthier I feel when I tan. Then again, that can be a sign of danger...

 9) Some days I wish you could get a good foot rub...this is one of them.

 10) Great job by the Daily Herald publishing a half page article on R.A. Dickey today. We need some K's Dickey, wins Dickey. Don't break our hearts Dickey...

No comments: