Monday, August 13, 2012

Just coming on the end of August...

1) Another summer's promise almost gone. And though I heard some wise men say that every dog will have his day, they never mentioned that these dog days get so long. (from "Waiting in the Weeds" by the Eagles)

2) In the next 30 days, trips are planned to New York City, the Michigan dunes, and Baltimore. I guess that last one is news to a certain member of my viewing audience.

3) So the deserter showed up to my church this past Sunday. I had attended the earlier service though, so I didn't find out until later that night. I wonder what the motivation for this appearance was. then again, I don't want to care.

4) Felt so great to get back into the gym after two weeks away. I was proud of myself for lifting lighter than normal and not trying to push myself too hard too fast. I'm sure by the weekend I'll be back to lifting my usual numbers.

5) Gonna try to make it over to the Air and Water show downtown before getting back to Aurora for the Georgia Satellites and Charlie Daniels concert that evening. Won't be easy, but I want to see if I can pull this one off.

No comments: