Sunday, July 07, 2013

Crazy times!

1) The Fourth of July was an amazing day. For one thing, I didn't expect to see my ex show up, but without going into detail, at least we were cordial. After having no contact for nearly a year, I really didn't know what to expect. But I now feel more at peace than I did, so that's important.

2) After about my fourth beer (mostly Sunset Wheat with a little Sam Adams summer ale thrown in), I suddenly felt like dancing. Between the Rockette lines and conga dances (and I may have thrown in a little riverdancing), we tore that Itasca lawn up! I loved dancing up to this one tall blonde named Karen, who's like a decade older than me, but she's really funny, engaging, and beautiful. I got to talk to her again and I I enjoyed it so much. I still have no idea how she has never been married.

3) It was also good to see my friend Jeanne, who's in town from DC for a wedding. We had a nice dinner at Weber Grille before walking back tot he Palmer House hotel for a drink.

4) I really like having a new Ipod, one that lasts longer then an hour without charging it. I got six years out of my last one, hopefully, I have even better results this time. Oh, I think I'd better be careful not to put the new Ipod in the washing machine, after what happened to the last one.

5) Time for bed. Getting up for my day trip to Milwaukee in four hours. Let's Go Mets!

P.S. JM, AC, NC, NM, MM...they all close out in the last month...Something about June, I don't know...let's see what happens in July.

No comments: