Sunday, July 21, 2013

Overdue NHL recap

So I made both regular season and playoff predictions for the NHL...how did I do? Well, I correctly predicted 5 of the 8 playoff teams in the East and 7 of the 8 playoff teams in the West. I picked Pittsburgh to beat Boston in the Easter Conference Finals. I got the teams right, although Boston won. the West...well, I picked San Jose and St. Louis and they won one playoff round between them.

As for the playoffs, I predicted seven of the eight first round series correctly and then all four second round matches and both Conference Finals correctly. In the finals, I had the Bruins over the Blackhawks, but credit to the Hawks for winning their second Cup in four years.

It still feels like the season ended two weeks ago. And I don't really miss it. I'm in total baseball mode right now, even if the Mets aren't really in the mix to make the playoffs.

No comments: