Monday, October 28, 2013

On a slow work day...

Blogging on my break, since there's nothing to do right now.

1) So the Jets’ season is halfway over and they are 4-4. More than likely, it’ll be 4-5 after they play New Orleans in six days. But the way they lost in Cincinnati was horrifying. 14-0 after the first quarter. 28-6 at halftime. I’ll be positive for a second. The Jets had three things go well all day: Nick Folk making three field goals, Mo Wilkerson’s interception, and the defense stopping
Cincinnati on 4th and goal early on. That was it. I knew this game would be a challenge; Cincinnati is a well built, explosive, emerging team in the AFC. I expected them to win the AFC North and it looks like they will. But to lose 49-9 to anybody is inexcusable.

2) After playing their first nine games on the road, the New York Rangers finally play their first home game tonight in the newly renovated Madison Square Garden against Montreal. They opened the season 3-6, losing to some very good teams in the west, but also losing to division opponents New Jersey and Philadelphia, both of whom stink.

But the injuries this team has gone through are crazy. Rick Nash is out with a concussion, he's well on his way t becoming another Eric Lindros. Carl Hagelin is just about to come back from shoulder surgery. Ryan Callahan came back from the same labrum injury, then he promptly breaks his thumb and he's out again. Oh and we still don't know what happened to Henrik Lundqvist, but hew missed two games and he wasn't exactly playing well before he went out. He's confirmed to start in goal tonight, but after Cam Talbot beat Detroit in overtime, Henrik better be healthy. After this game, they have the Islanders on the road and Buffalo and Carolina at home. I want six points in these next four games.

3) First class is over and I got an A! I earned 991 points of 1,000. I'm happy to enjoy my week off and I resume classes on Wednesday. this time, it's 12 straight weeks, so I don't get a break until the last week of January. I believe I'm taking two courses on Strategic Leadership, so we'll see how this goes...

4) Looks like I may be heading to Florida after Christmas...details to come...

5) I like that Willow Creek is doing a series on Ecclesiastes. It's always been a favorite Bible book of mine and this is the first time in Willow's 38-year history that they've done a series on it. I'm looking forward to what Bill Hybels has to say about it.

No comments: