Sunday, November 17, 2013

Move on

1) I've heard one of the best ways to determine if a relationship will stay together is how the couple handles conflict. Now I'm no relationship guru, but I've lived 32 years and I would say in the last five years, I've learned more than I had in the previous 26. And one thing I know is you don't release your frustration on social media. Even though I can be very outgoing, I prefer to keep some things about my life very private. And relationships are definitely one. So when a girl is upset, and she proceeds to write three angry tweets and five Facebook statuses (not including the threads, that would be another five or six more), well, I just don't go for it. Grow up...

2) DC quick recap: Woke up at home at 3 am, flew out at 6:10, landed at 8:45, Founder's Farmers for breakfast. Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, Korea Memorial, MLK Memorial, World War 2 Museum, Holocaust Museum, Natural American History Museum, break at Barnes and Noble (I needed to sit!), Cure Bar and Grill for dinner, airport, flight at 7, home at 9:30.

3) Nice to have friends of the opposite sex where there's no pressure or grand expectations. Where I can just relax and have a nice time.

4) I will learn, but I won't be manipulated. I will forgive, but I won't cower. I will love, but I won't lose myself. I will hope, but I won't lose touch with reality.

5) Go Jets...

No comments: