Monday, August 11, 2014

Another summer's promise almost gone

1) It's that time when each day takes forever to pass. Then all of a sudden you look back and wonder where those days went.

2) Some people are just meant to come into our lives for a season. When that's the case, the best thing to do is be at peace with it, appreciate the good times, and let it go.

3) Cuban mojo pork chops, mashed sweet potatoes, roasted asparagus with parmean, ice cream with fruit and caramel sauce. Good menu for cooking with someone.

4) Looking forward to seeing my friend from Manitoba who's in town for the week. We'll be meeting at the Squared Circle and watching Raw. It's always cool to meet someone else who can appreciate pro wrestling and not disrespectfully dismiss it as childish and fake. When it's done right, it's a physical art form. When it's done wrong, it's a messy, awkward science.

5) I actually applied to be the editor of Second City Hockey. I probably don't have a hope in hell of getting this. One of the requirements is that they be an avid Chicago Blackhawk fans. I'm not going to lie about my allegiance, but I still think I can write about the team effectively. Maybe I won't get a second thought from the powers that be. But if I do, well, who knows.

6) Never eating the deep dish pizza at the food court at Willow Creek Church. Overcooked sauce and too much of it.

7) Thinking I'm almost ready to try the DDP Yoga Double Black Dimaond workout. I've done the Diamond Cutter maybe ten times already. This one is ever harder and it's over an hour long as opposed to the 50 minutes in the Diamond Cutter.

8) A lot of people were optimistic about the Jets coming into this season. I like the roster, but I was always uneasy. The schedule is the big reason. They face one great quarterback after another and they are thinnest at CB. The genius GM doesn't bring on one starting caliber CB, even allowing Darrelle Revis to go New England, of all teams. So what happens in one day in practice? Their top pick from last year, and number one CB, Dee Milliner, has a high ankle sprain and he's out for a month. His status for Opening Day is in doubt. And their 3rd round pick this year, Dexter McDougle, tears his ACL and is out for the season! I love Rex Ryan, but he needs to pull a rabbit out of his ass and figure out a way to get a decent secondary out of this group. Cause if Milliner is not healthy, I don't know how it's going to happen.

9) This past weekend actually felt weird. And it went by so slow. I didn't travel out of state for a change. Hoping to get back to New York before the year is over though.

10) P.S. You do not run on Juan Lagares!!!!

No comments: