Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Singles Day

1) Thank the Lord that it is Valentine's Day. For one reason. The incessant jewelry and flowers commercials will now go away until next November.

2) There is no fitting music than old country music on Valentine's Day. Keith Whitley's "I Never Go Around Mirrors" and "Addicted" by Dan Seals work especially well.

3) So I've worked five shifts at Gino's East in the week since I've been hired. I certainly feel like I'm getting more ready to go on my own and wait on tables. I still need to get a server number, apron, and all that jazz. Oh, and can they order some company t-shirts? I mean I have a few black t-shirts I can wear, but I would like to wear a company shirt. I really feel my biggest issue will be knowing that I can't be everywhere at once and just learning to stay calm. But as far as the menu knowledge, I'm feeling very confident.

4)  I tried tending bar for the first time too. I was hoping watching all those episodes of Bar Rescue would pay off. I must have spent about a half hour free pouring for the first time, trying to master the 4 count that should equal one ounce poured. It wasn't easy; too many times, some water fell on the bar top. But I enjoyed doing it and I kept getting better with my technique.

5) Will I really try to do another Fuddrucker's challenge Wednesday night??? Last time, I went after 7 pounds of food, five pounds of burger and two pounds of bun. I got through about 3/4 of it in 50 minutes. before calling it quits. This time, it's a mere three pounds of beef, but there's also a pound of fries. I'm seriously debating...

No comments: