Friday, May 20, 2016

Security checkpoint mistake

I've been communicating with this girl for four days and she is definitely catching my interest. One of the things I found very interesting was she is a security agent at terminal 3 at o'hare airport. What is so funny is that's where my mother is a gate agent. I found out she was working the early shift on Friday so I'd have a chance to meet her when I flew east.

I got up at 2:30 a.m. for my flight to NYC. She warned me that morning that the line was already out the door at 3 am. I was worried and drive to the airport at top speed. So much for these three hour long security lines. I got through it in 15 minutes. I got to see her after I came out of the full body scanner.

But little did I know, I guess I aggravated the girl. I mentioned to her colleague, who she was standing next to, that we were meeting for the first time. It turns out she didn't appreciate that I said that at work. She messaged me later, telling me so. So I had no idea it would bother her and now I've probably blown this.

Why do so many women feel the need to ruminate on a mistake men make and then bring it up again and again. I'm not taking about a bad mistake that keeps getting made. I mean an error that we made, we didn't know it would offend her, and now we can't get back in their good graces.

My mom has accused me of being insecure. There's a little part of me that still may be insecure. It comes down to this. I like the girl, even though we've only been chatting for four days. And I want her to like me. And I know what it's like to do the slightest thing wrong, try to make amends, yet still get tossed away by a woman. It's happened several times and that's a main reason why the idea of dating has me feeling so jaded. Because I have to tip toe around and if I do something wrong, women rarely, if ever forgive. And that's sad. Truly sad.

No comments: