Monday, January 29, 2018

A Sunday kind of poem

I had a conversation with a lady that I met on Saturday. We're both members of a local writing group and this was our first chance to get to know each other a little bit. We talked about a lot of things, but writing didn't come up as much as I thought it might. She asked what kind of writing I did and I told her about Yelp, bout my blog, and about my college sports summaries. But she has a little different mentality. She is active duty in the military, sells real estate, and likes writing scripts and poetry. I've not been one to think of these huge writing projects as something to undertake. Writing a script or a play or something like that seems out of my realm. But maybe I should give it a try. It's a good thing to push our minds and learn what we're capable of doing. And sometimes those skills need to be cultivated and developed. So I'm going to try to do that.

It's a Sunday here and after being out all day yesterday, I'm taking a day to recover and refresh. I think some creative writing will be a good idea. The only time I will be leaving my apartment is to go running in the gym. And while the Solomonster wrestling podcast is playing in the background, let's see what I can come up with.


Down the way, I see new roads for me to explore
What might I find?
Waterfalls, obstacles, and streams
Creatures, mud, and dreams
I've got a new pair of shoes for the job









No comments: