Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Five word sentence dialogue

I received a writing prompt to write a dialogue between two people, but the catch is none of the sentences can be more than five words long. I thought it sounded like a good challenge, so I'm going to give it a shot. And the poem I wrote last time ended at five lines, I had nothing else to say. This time, I'm going to write a little bit more. The setting I'm assigning myself is two hospital employees meeting at the break room.

B: Hey Joe.
J: Brent, how's your day?
B: You know Mr. Singh?
J: Who's that?
B: He's in 209.
J: Oh he has cirrhosis.
B: Exactly.
J: What about him?
B: Well he wants Jack Daniels.
J: Excuse me?
B: A large bottle of it.
J: But drinking got him here.
B: It relaxes him.
J:  What did you tell him?
B: That I'd hook him up.
J: Why would you enable him?
B: I have a plan.
J: This should be good.
B: The bottle won't have alcohol.
J: What will it have?
B: Apple juice.
J: Because they're the same color?
B: You're catching on.
J: They kind of smell different.
B: Eh, it'll have the residue.
J: He will catch on.
B: As sick as he is?
J: You're just fooling him.
B: Think he'll fall for it?
J: Don't count on that.
B: Should I just get Jack?
J: You cannot be serious.
B: Maybe I'll dilute it.
J: It doesn't matter, it's wrong.
B: Not to get him drunk.
J: I would hope not.
B: Water and a splash.
J: It won't satisfy him.
B: Cold turkey can be harmful.
J: Well, that's fair.
B: Gradually decreasing it might help.
J: It still doesn't feel right.
B: How do I help him?
J: You really want to?
B: What will really help him?
J: Not giving into him.
B: You make it sound simple.
J: Isn't it?
B: You don't know him?
J: What should I know?
B: Long story.
J: Think I'll need a drink?
B: Maybe.
J: Kelly's Pub?
B: Sure.
J: I'm thinking Jack and Coke.
B: Good thinking.

No comments: