Monday, April 23, 2018

Atlanta, Part 1: The Preview

Well, it's going to be near a 48 hour trip to the F town. Maybe Atlanta's nickname is the A town, but I find that one a little more fitting. Three primary reasons: the traffic, the baseball, and CNN.
My initial plan had been to fly through Charlotte to Atlanta first thing Saturday morning and land around 9 in the morning. The fight to Atlanta was wide open, but the problem was getting to Charlotte. The flights from Richmond and Norfolk weren't completely booked, but with several standby passengers lasted, the odds would not be in my favor. Locally though, the Newport News flight was booked even, 50 seats, 50 passengers. And I was the only standby passengers listed. So if just one person didn't show up, I was in. But if I got bumped, getting out of Virginia would have been incredibly difficult.

It was quite the decision, each having pros and cons. In the end, I decided to be a little more uncomfortable, but take the safe bet, and leave Friday night. The result is twofold. I will have to sleep overnight in the airport, as I don't want to spend the extra hundred dollars for a hotel room. But I will also be able to get an early start on my day. And there's a lot to do. It starts with my first trip to the Admirals Club at 4:30 am.

No comments: