Thursday, April 12, 2018

Feels Like Spring


1)      I signed up for Hello Fresh. I never planned to do a home delivery meal service before. But when I found out I could get 4 meals and it would essentially cost $15, I thought I’d give it a try. But before I made the purchase, I decided to take it to social media to ask if anyone else had experiences using those services. One of my friends said she could get me 3 free meals since she was already using, Now how was I going to pass that opportunity up? So I’ve placed the order for 3 meals and I expect them to arrive next Wednesday. I will post how it turns out and I look forward to giving the service a try.

2)      This past weekend only verified what I already know I have to do. I used to criticize women who just couldn’t get out of a relationship that was going nowhere. Well, now I know exactly how it feels.

3)      Restless Heart concert tomorrow night! I have been a fan of theirs for 30 years, but this will be my first time seeing them live. Now granted, their peak was probably between when I was 5 and 11 years old. But they had so many great songs including six straight #1’s. The songs I’m most excited to hear are “A Tender Lie,” “Fast Moving Train”, and “The Bluest Eyes In Texas.”

4)      I have the opportunity to help lead a football seminar for the Virginia Jets Fans group on Saturday. My responsibilities include presenting the information about rule changes, challenges, and penalties as well as compiling and playing the videos.

5)      Chris Stapleton is about the only redeeming thing left in country music. It’s pretty much him, Zac Brown Band, and maybe Midland.

6)      Someone cursed me out on Twitter for having a narrow mind. I told them in response to have a wonderful day and God bless. But I take having a narrow mind as a compliment. I do have a narrow mind. Straight is the path to heaven and narrow is the way.

7)      Despite his talent when he performs, I have no more respect for Finn Balor as person. I watch wresting as an escape from the issues of the day. And for him to throw sexuality and that perverted rainbow so blatantly out there, it is offensive to my sensibilities and has no place in pro wrestling. I will not watch another Finn Balor match until his gear no longer has the perverted rainbow.

8)      I am amazed by my lunch on Tuesday. Particularly, the ability that one has to screw up a cheeseburger. If you can’t make a cheeseburger correctly, you probably should not be working in a kitchen. But to make matters worse, this was a burger made by senior student in my school’s culinary department. The $4.00 Stratford burger. It had minced onions in it, some kind of red spice, maybe it was Hungarian paprika. But then it was cooked to death. It was like I said, “Cook it to well done, and then cook it another 20 minutes.” It tasted like overdone meatloaf. And we’re graduating students who are making this kind of crap? That doesn’t exactly say a lot about the caliber of cooks that we’re sending out into the world.

9)       My indoor garden is coming along with mixed results. The Thai basil and dill are sprouting beautifully. The thyme is coming along ok. But the Genovese basil, curly parsley, and mint have about as much life in them as Steve Wonder’s hopes of winning a NASCAR race. Thankfully, the Miracle Gro company is sending me free replacements. I just wonder what I can with all this Thai basil.

10)  This Honest Amish beard oil really is making my beard feel softer and smell better.

No comments: