Thursday, May 12, 2005

DEBACLE!!! Thoughts on Ron Santo

Disgusting.

Watching this loss to the Cubs yesterday was as sick a loss as I remember in a while. I knew once lovely Derrek Lee hit his fourth foul he would hit it out. I knew it!

And this team is .500. That's it. Victor Zambrano trying to throw strikes is like watching Stevie Wonder try to shoot archery. Dae Sung Koo sucks. Mike DeJean sucks. Kaz Matsui is lower than sucks. Jose Reyes gets into 0-2 counts 3 times a game.

And I have a few things to say about Ron Santo. I thought Hawk Harrelson was a lousy announcer. My God! Have you heard Santo on the radio. That voice is like Jimmy Stewart and Harry Caray had a baby suffering from a lifelong hangover. There's nothing informative. Just cheerleading. And hoping for a double play. Hoping for a big base hit. Ron, I don't care what you hope will happen! We know what you want to see! Let the fans cheer. Teach me something for once instead of acting like the glorified cheerleader that you are. You are brutal. Go watch the games at home because you bring nothing to the radio booth.

No comments: