Wednesday, May 04, 2005

This week in Bartolo-land

Well we wrote two articles last week. I even got to enjoy a catered meal at the socccer tournament I covered on Friday night. Actually it was coffee cake and a bottle of water, but it was still good. I got a full 40 hours of work in too.

Mother's Day is coming up. I wish there was a Son's Day.

My softball league kicks in this week. I can't wait.

Can we banish that piece of crap Tom Glavine back to the Braves? I seriously don't know if he hurt us worse when he was with Hick-lanta or now as a member of the Metrpolitans. I'll be blunt. The best thing that can happen is for him to get seriously hurt. If he pitches a certain number of innings, his option for next year automatically kicks in.

A few more Met notes. I feel okay about them, certainly better than the last three years. They've hung in there without three of their top starting pitchers. Right now, they're not consistent. They score no runs for eight innings and then score five in one inning. The offense is potentially incredible, but not reliable. Diaz, Wright, and Reyes still have a lot to learn. And I never thought Cliff Floyd would be as good as he is. For all the injuries he's had, it's good to see him playing well.

Big thumbs up for Rob Van Dam's DVD. Actually, no. Make that Five Stars!

Fantasy baseball is improving. I am gaining ground and climbing out of the cellar in both leagues.

I think I'm going to get a 1974 Bee Gees record called Mr. Natural. There weren't any big hits on it, but it was the beginning of their move towards R&B music. I heard the title cut off of the recrods and it was a great song. By the way, I own more Bee Gees records than any other artist. In my collection of music, that's a good accomplishment.

No comments: