Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Don't they know???

I rarely write about WWE here, but I feel the need to let a little steam off about where this company is headed as Wrestlemania approaches (Which I spent 200 dollars to go see, so it had better be great. Not good, great!)

Last month, they announce an 8-man tournament with the winner facing John Cena for the World title. As soon as I saw HHH was in the bracket, I knew he was winning. And when the main event turned out to be HHH, Big Show, and Rob Van Dam, they may as well just awarded the match to HHH right there.

From the 3-week period between I saw the brackets go up until the final Pedigree last night, I never saw anyone other than HHH, who has won 2,374 titles, winning. It’s Wrestlemania time, so that means it’s Triple H’s time.
But Van Dam had just come off a major injury that kept him out a full year and the fans are thrilled to have him back. RVD is my favorite current wrestler in WWE, Raw or SmackDown, but again, the WWE refuses to see what this guy is truly capable of. He carried ECW, holding their TV title for 23 months.He can at least help carry this company because there is no one else quite like him, between his attitude and ring repertoire.

Now from what I’ve read, it’s possible that RVD will be involved in a feud with Shelton Benjamin for the Intercontinental Title. This is a feud I've been thinking about for months and I mentioned it to Rob when I met him this summer. And Shelton Benjamin is very good. But the IC Title again? He held that belt for months. What does winning it again prove? Wasn’t that RVD in the main event on RAW for a World Title shot at Wrestlemania?

Now onto the office's point of view. I'm going to quote from a website I was reading because they put it perfectly:
Did anyone hear how loud the crowd was on Monday night when RVD gave his
signature “R.V.D.” statement? Did anyone see all the people in the stands stand
up and take their thumbs and point to themselves just like RVD? I know I did, I
know you did, but I’m not so sure The WWE did.

All I'm saying is Van Dam is hot right now and Triple H has been in the WM main event 5 out of 6 years. Do something with a new guy who's been around a while that hasn't had a chance. Rey Mysterio falls into that category as well. Oh that's right, they took him out of the Smack Down main event by having Randy Orton beat him! Here's my point to the WWE powers that be. Do something with Van Dam before he becomes stale. Bring back Bill Alfonso to manage him. Yeah he's got that whiny voice, that whistle is annoying, he only has three teeth in his mouth, so what? Lou Albano wasn't exactly handsome! Do something different! Besides the Boogey Man...

No comments: