Monday, February 27, 2006

Into March

A couple of things from this past week.

1) Is there a difference between redneck and blue collar? I mean, shouldn't the collar and neck be similar in color if they're referring to the same kinds of people?

2) Naperville Ribfest is announcing their entertainment lineups and Three Dog Night (minus Chuck Negron, so it should still be Two Dog Night), the Doobie Brothers, and the Charlie Daniels Band are all confirmed. That's one hell of a lineup, considering last year's entertainment was "highlighted" by Ted Nugent.

3) I never thought I would have a cinnamon roll so good and so huge, even I couldn't eat it, but it happened last night!

4) I hope this Olympic break doesn't derail the Rangers' momentum...

5) I may not go to Greece this summer, but it looks like I may head down to Waveland, Missisippi in June for a week to assist the Katrina victims. More on that in the coming posts.

6) For the first time, my car battery died yesterday. Saturday night, I went into my car to get some CD's. I turned the car accessories on so I could eject a disc in the player. Or as Teddy Long would say playa! I left the accessories on overnight. I figured it out the next morning, but the car wasn't ready by 4 p.m., which was when I planned to leave for volleyball and then go to Ecclesia from there. The game started at 4:45 and it typically taked 15 minutes to get to to the gym I play in. So I'm calling up anyone I can think of and I get one guy I know to send his son to pick me up. I had never met his son and he drove 15 minutes too far west on North Avenue. When he finally pulled up to the house at 4:40, I said "Bro. Floor it!" We got there at 4:53, just in time for me to make the first serve of the game. I even served seven straight points in the second and we won all three games, our first three-game sweep this year. I then negotiated rides into Wheaton and then home to St. Charles.

And thanks to a can of Coke (which handles battery acid) and cables, the car started this morning.

7) Three wrestling notes:

7a) There will be another ECW One Night Stand PPV in June. Bad idea. First of all, the WWE is putting it on. And since June, they have lost the Dudleys, Tajiri, Rhino, Chris Jericho, and Eddy Guerrero. Sabu signed with TBA, so they probably won't let him go either. Now they can add back in Rob Van Dam and they are supposedly trying to convince Terry Funk to sign on. So they will be working with a very depleted roster. I think the one PPV was great last year, but just think it should be left alone now.

7b) Samoa Joe is a beast!

7c) I just finished Eddy Guerrero's autobiography. I wrote a long post several months back after he passed away. But there's a section of the book I want to discuss. When he was in WWE and fighting drug addiction, Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko both went to Jim Ross (in charge of talent realtions) and let him know Eddy was in deep crap. Eddy never knew this until after he got sober and saw the UPN TV special about his life. He was a little upset because he never knew Malenko and Benoit went to JR. When he asked Malenko why they did it, Malenko said he was sure if he kept going the way he was going, they would have found him dead in a hotel room somewhere. And to think after beating addiction, Eddy did die in a hotel room. It's sad. Really sad.

No comments: