Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Plenty to break down...

after a couple of days away from my board. But I am here and if you are here too, well, I guess you clicked in a good spot.

I have a lot to talk about so I'm going to spread it out over the course of the week. First thing is this:

1) The donut burger is delicious. jk. I've never tried it.

2) 2 more volleyball wins this past Sunday over the second place team. We;re in first place by anywhere between 2 and 5 games. Now that's a little bit deceiving because we've played three more games than the second place team and I'll tell you why. We played a double header but I had to miss it due to a dinner I was attending that evening. I don't know the results. We had to do it because one of the teams in our league had to deal with a tragedy involving at least two of their team members. I don't know the details, but it happened, so we shuffled the schedule around. I hope that whoever is involved is okay spiritually, mentally, and emotionally.

3) _ _ _ _ O==== _ _ D==== T _ _==== _ _ _

Name that TV Show. Since spacing is an issue on this board, I used equal signs to separate the four words. I solved this puzzle while playing Scene It Friday night. Answer at the end of it's post.

4) I am really angry at WWE right now. Shane McMahon beat down Shawn Michaels and then delivered the Van Terminator to him, a move he has not done since Wrestlemania 4 years ago and only done by Rob Van Dam. Now in 2002, RVD was still in ECW. But how pissed must he be to see the owners' son do his one of his trademark moves? And I saw the match I have been waiting 18 months to see: RVD versus Shelton Benjamin. It was good, BUT!!! There was no promotion at all during the show until the commercial right before the match happened. And they only got about 10 minutes. Give these guys 30 minutes and they could bring the house down. This match should be saved for PPV. On a side note, the opening segment was indeed disgusting, though I admit I laughed at the end of it.

5) NCAA's will come tomorrow. I need to do more research. Two year ago, I got 30 out of 32 first round games right. Last year, only around 17 or 18. Time to redeem.

6) Yahoo Futures listed the Mets as the favorite to win the NL East, the NL pennant, and third to win the World Series behind the Yankees and White Sox. Amazing, the media is more optimistic than me. The top 10 World Series favorites from 4-10 are St. Louis, Boston, the Cubs, Anaheim (regardless of their name change), Oakland, Cleveland, and Los Angeles. For the one person wondering, Atlanta is 12.

7) Here's my NL Sleeper: Milwaukee. They're ranked 11 of 16 to win the pennant. Their top 3 is Sheets, Capuano, and Davis. Does anyone know Capuano won 18 games last year? Derrick Turnbow is a great closer. Carlos Lee, Geoff Jenkins, are a good 3-4 punch. And they have a lot of good youngsters with Richie Weeks, Prince Fielder, Jose Capellan, JJ Hardy, Bill Hall, and Dan Kolb! Whoops. Now I don't know if they'll make the playoffs, but they'll win some games, especially late in the season.

8) Can the Rangers move Prucha or Sykora to the top line to play with Nylander and Jagr? For one game? And let Straka sit for a game or two. He looks more worn out than my sneakers.

9) Why are hot dogs made at home never as good as when you get them out?

10) Deal or No Deal on NBC is getting addictive. And who thought Howie Mandel would ever make a comeback? I just don't know if I like game shows where everything is based on luck and chance. It's like if we're lucky, fate will deal us the right cards and we'll be winners. I don't know if I buy that.

11) The Jets first free agent signing is the immortal Matt Chatham, a linebacker from New England, who's supposed to be a special teams player and possible starter. This 6-year vet is best known for tackling a streaker during a Super Bowl.

Trivia Answer:
Chico and the Man

And finally:
If you're in your middle 20's, should you take extra caution with a woman 9 years older than you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

by the way, there are way more than Braves fans out there-nice comment about Dan Kolb-whoops-what a memorable year he had-the worst ever-call me so we can fill out our brackets-I've got it figured out this year