Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Regular season champs!

Well the regular season in the Willow Creek Church DuPage Volleyball League Group C is over. Long name, I know. We were ahead by 2 games going into the final weekend, and we didn't play this weekend as we already played a doubleheader a few weeks prior. As I've said, what we needed to finish first, was the worst team (Mike's) in the league to beat the team we were battling for first (Paul's) in just 1 of 3 games. Now we had played Mike's team the previous weekend and caned them like that kid in Singapore about 12 years ago. A three game sweep that actually had us bored because they really did not play well. Though we beat Paul's team each time we play, the game are always close and you earn every point you get.

So Sunday night, I'm walking into my baseball fantasy draft in Lisle and I get the call from my captain that we finished first. I thought was in a bad cell area, I didn't think it was going to happpen. Mike's team beat Paul's in all three games, giving us the Number One seed for the playoffs.

So we play Randy's team on Sunday in the semifinals and unfortunately, I won't make it, but hey, Wrestlemania comes to Chicago once every 10 years! I hope they can win without me so I can return for the championship the following Sunday. With my new orange gel-soled sneakers (kind of like Pedro Martinez) starting to get broken in, I will be ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

orange gel soled sneakers?--you had better keep them in your closet when I am there this weekend