Tuesday, August 01, 2006

25 years old and counting

Well as of Monday, July 31, the people's blogger is 25 years old. I kept it low key, I didn't go anywhere except work and I was there for about 10 hours. I don't know what the number is, but there seems to be a certain age where birthdays just aren't that big of a deal anymore. Ever since that surprise party I had at my old house in Winfield back in 1998 (it's been 8 years!), there's no way to approach how crazy that day was.

But let me think of reasons to celebrate. I'll ty to come up with 25 random ones.

1) I'm one day older than MTV, which began August 1.
2) Didn't need to eat cake yesterday.
3) Family
4) Ecclesia
5) Knowing Jesus
6) Hogan still living after 14.5 years
7) Sport a good goatee
8) Working two jobs.
9) Traveled to 41 states and 7 countries, that I can remember anyway. Sidenote: I've flown over Canada a dozen times. Does that count as another one?
10) Still enjoy pro wrestling, the good stuff anyway.
11) Had some good friends.
12) Been betrayed but am better because those associations are over.
13) Learned ways to treat people and not to treat people.
14) Learned a little, but still have a lot of learning to do.
15) Started reading on my own and cut down on the TV.
16) Taken pretty good care of my body with diet and exercise. Although I do eat a little too much at once, particularly when pizza is in the cards.
17) I dare say I know good food as well as anyone my age.
18) Lived in the north all my life and I love country music.
19) Never been seriously ill or injured.
20) Done a lot of acting on stage, and I've played every role from Jesus to Satan. Literally.
21) Never thought it was wrong to be different just for the sake of being different. I'm stubborn in terms of not changing certain beliefs, values, or characteristics.
22) Done mission work in 3 countries and 5 states.
23) Can fit into almost any group of people and be comfortable, as long as they don't live in a certain area of Edison, NJ! My parents know what I'm talking about here.
24) Went through some very rough early years before finding a better way of life.
25) Best of all, my car insurance rate will finally start to go down!

No comments: