Monday, August 14, 2006

Been a few days I know

Life has been a bit of a whirlwind this weekend. Let me start out with this. Have you ever watched Vertigo? It's an old Hitchcock movie with Jimmy Stewart and Kim Novak. I seriously think I lost a few brain cells watching this. It was a good movie but so random and mentally twisting that when it ended, I just found myelf looking at other people around and asking them, What in sam hell just happened here? Then again, that's Alfred Hitchcock for you!

My Mets are 9 games up on St. Louis for the best record in the National League. As for the NLeast division, we begin a 4-game set with second place Philthy-delphia tonight. We're 15 games up, so just a split would work for me. Our magic number to clinch is 32. In other words we need a total of 32 Met wins and Phillie losses over the last 96 combined games. So if the Mets play .500 baseball between now and the end of the season, the Phillies must go 38–8 to tie for the division lead. I like our chances. And for our first division title since 1988, it's about time.

The Giants and Jets will both be horrible this year. Next.

The Knicks? Next.

My next Ring of Honor card is two weeks away. Hopefully, the World Champ and now NEW! Pure Wrestling champion Bryan Danielson will retain his title against Colt Cabana in Cabana's hometown in a 2 out of 3 falls match.

At the urging of a certain friend of mine, I just joined facebook, one of those online community deals, so I'm here, facebook, and on myspace as well. My myspace display name is Bartolo. Kind of easy to find that way.

No comments: