Thursday, August 03, 2006

What's happening to colleges?

So right now at work I'm updating account information for a bunch of colleges. One of the things I do is add the school's list of classes for the upcoming fall semester. Now every school arranges them differently so you never know what you'll see from one school to the next.

I'm working on this one school in Tennessee, I don't feel I should mention the name. After I get done adding their courses, I see they have this section at the end of their online schedule called August and October Accelerated courses. And they have Auditing, Interpersonal Communication, Literature, and similar subjects. But do you know what subject/major offers the most accelerated courses? Physical Education with nine! I'm not making this up. Over the fall semester, they offer accelerated courses in badminton, golf, walking for fitness, two swimming courses, two racquetball classes (I guess there are a lot of advanced racquetball players at the school), scuba diving (in Tennessee!), and a team sports class.

I guess this school won't be appearing on the list of most challenging schools in US News and World Report anytime soon. At least tuition won't cost too much for those classes.

No comments: