Saturday, February 03, 2007

Back in the groove

I must say we in the midwest got very fortuante with a mild November, mild December, and mild January. I guess all the cold was waiting to just splurge on us and with it being 2 degrees outside right now, that's what is happening. At least I don't have to walk outside across a college campus. Thankfully, I never really have to be outside for more than 2 or 3 minutes at a time.

Obviously, it's Super Bowl time. Nobody in this area is as big a sports fan as I am and cares so little at the same time. It's a weird dichotomy, I guess. I will root for Indianapolis. But if the Bears do win, at least they're a respectable team. And I'll leave it at that.

I just brought two Eddie Rabbitt CD's. This guy was from New Jersey like me and was big in the late 1970's and 1980's in country music. Probably his best known songs were "Every Which Way But Loose," "I Love a Rainy Night," and "Drivin' My Life Away." He had 26 #1 singles in all.

Unfortunately, he died in 1998 due to lung cancer and while one of his songs will occassionally play on the radio, he has really been forgotten in country music history. It's a shame because he really helped cross country music over in the 1980's to the urban audience. But both albums are really good. Maybe he's playing a show somewhere in heaven tonight.

No comments: