Monday, February 19, 2007

Warming up

When I walked outside I could barely see my breath today. Nice for a change, although that wind was a little crazy. Makes me think I should keep shorter hair. Or maybe I'll go for the latest Brittney Spears look. Nah, I don't think so.

Well, we got through a tough week of work. Basketball playoffs made me work some extra hours at the paper and my day job was crazy. I knew I would have to make up 2 hours during the week since Saturday shifts are only 6 hours long. With the snow on Tuesday, we got let out an hour early. That sounds great, except it was more time I had to make up. I wound up working three 9-hour days and that's not including my hour break. Throw in another hour of commuting back and forth, and you start to get the picture.

My personal trainer, Val, absolutely wore me out on Friday. And I probably deserved it. During my intro, when they did the screening tests on me, I came out as being in ideal health with a very good proportion of muscle vs. fat. Maybe I was starting to get a little too proud of myself. And she changed my workout. When I was lifting, instead of just doing reps, she would have me lift at normal speed and bring the weight down three times slower. After 12 reps of that, I did the opposite. I lifted slowly and returned at normal speed. And on some of the ab exercises, I was absolutely burning. 45 minutes of that and I was too worn to even think about doing any cardio.

Volleyball, well, that was not so hot this week. All in all, we did not play well, though we came close to winning 2 out of 3 games again. We won the first game and lost the next two. Our receiving on serves was really bad, our own serving was inconsistent, just way too much went wrong. The one thing that aggravates me is when nobody goes for the ball. Someone hits it in the air and both players just stare at each other as the ball drops to the floor. I'm very aggressive, but to me, that is just a lack of effort.

Five days till Ring of Honor!!! Joe! Joe! Joe!

The Rangers are dead. Let's move on to March Madness and baseball.

No comments: