Sunday, April 29, 2007

Time to vent

You know, people get on me for being negative with my teams. They say I talk about how the teams I hate get all the breaks and how I've gone 13 years without any of my teams winning a championship. Well watch the NFL draft from this weekend and that's all you need to know.

Now this past offseason, the Jets didn't do much. They got Thomas Jones from the Bears (thanks again, Bears fans) and a few no-name guys. The Patriots, meanwhile must have hired Daniel Snyder or Donald trump to run the team because they sign almost every decent free agent. They added linebacker Adalius Thomas (the best defensive free agent), cornerback Tory James, running back Sammy Morris, receiver/returner Wes Welker, and receivers Donte Stallworth and Kelley Washington.

Now thanks to trades, my Jets wind up with only four picks for the draft. Meanwhile, the New England Patriots (the devil's team), make a few picks that I thought were questionable. So though I felt we had little to no shot to take our rightful spot as the best team in the AFC East (we already have the better QB anyway), the ultimate disgrace just happened.

Randy Moss gets traded to the Pats for a FOURTH ROUND DRAFT PICK! This is the most talented receiver in the whole league. And New England gets him for a middle round draft pick! If any other team were trading for Moss, they would have give two or three high level picks. And the kicker of this mess? He signs a reduced contract!

I should write Roger Goodell, the new NFL commissioner. Just cancel the league this season. Can we just give New England the Super Bowl now? Don't go through with the games. It's been painful enough watching the Devils win three Cups, the Bulls re-emerge as a NBA power at the expense of the Knicks, and the Braves win so many division titles (even if they've been clueless in the playoffs for 10 years). But this is a team who has won 3 Super Bowls with the coach who should have led the Jets to glory and quit on us after 1 day on the job and ran out like a weasel (and I'm not writing the word I want to).

Think I'm too dramatic? Try rooting for the kind of teams I root for in all four sports and see if you get out with no heartache and ageda.

No comments: