Saturday, April 07, 2007

What's with this weather?

Talk about a cold spell. It's supposed to stay in the 40's through next Friday. We'll see how many more high school games get cancelled. At least I get a few more free nights out of this.

Well, it's Easter weekend. Went to two good Friday services yesterday, one at Willow Creek and one at Wheaton Bible. The former was very dark, lit only by candles. It was very visual in terms of images (They showed various stills of scenes leading up to the crucifixion and read a lot of Scripture). Tomorrow, I am serving at Willow. I believe I'm ushering but I don't know for sure. I do know it includes a really good buffet for the volunteers afterwards. Volleyball is off for this week and then it's Ecclesia tomorrow night.

I've started to re-read "The Life You've Always Wanted." I'm an avid John Ortberg fan and I think I need to get back to reading some of the books I haven't paid enough attention to as of late.

The Mets have outscored their opponents 30-3 over the first four games of the season. Now today we're pitching Tom Glavine against John Smoltz. I'll take a loss here, as long as we win tomorrow, win this series, and head back to New York for the home opener with a 5-1 record and in first place in the NL East.

No comments: