Monday, June 04, 2007

Just a post before I go...

To Whom it may concern.
Traveling twice the speed of sound.
It's easy to get burned.

For the record, Crosby, Stills, and Nash can't sue me for posting the chorus to their song, reason being I changed one word.

I haven't been on here in a while, but I need to say a few things before I leave for Phoenix tomorrow morning. First of all, I don't have too many set plans for the next four days. I do know a few places I'll be: getting a spa treatment (seriously), couple baseball games, and exploring downtown Phoenix. I also have a little bit of interest in southwestern culture, Native American artifacts, etc, so I'll be sure to get into that in some way. And I've heard so much about In and Out Burger, I'll have to get into that also!

With the files I process at work, there's a lot of pressure from my boss and the powers that be to fill everything out right. So when I get an error, I get upset. It bothers me. I've been doing better lately, but today, everything collapsed. I had three errors. It just ruined the rest of my day. I spent the last 90 minutes of my work day counting down each minute until it was time to go home. Sometimes I wish I was a little more resilient with that stuff.

My grandmother needs some prayer. She's had Alzheimer's for 5 years now and lived in a nursing home for about 4. Sunday morning, she was rushed to the hospital with 104 degree temperature. We don't know why, but she's being examined right now. And Dad's in Arizona, 3,000 miles away from Brooklyn, where she is.

My work day started to get lighter early last week. Since that happened, I've found myself going to sleep earlier and earlier. Can anyone make sense out of this for me?

Softball season has begun. We opened against the navy blue team that had our number all last year and knocked us out of the playoffs. We looked dead for most of the game. We trailed 10-5 and we came up in the bottom of the sixth as the heavy rain had begun to fall. We scored seven runs, need three outs to put the win away. Before we could get just one out, they got two runs and had a runner on second. Their hitter lined a low shot to me in short center field. I could quickly tell the ball was not going to travel far and I ran in. I reached out, caught the ball at full stride, and managed to flip the ball to the second baseman. The ball beat the runner back to the bag for two outs. They scored twice more and it was our turn in the seventh, needing two runs to tie and three to win. After we made two outs, we got two runs to push the game to extras. Neither team scored in the eighth, the time limit expired, and we tied 14-14. I'm not one for moral victories, but considering how we were playing for the first half of the game and the quality of our opponent, it was a great feeling to get a tie. For me, I batted 2-for-4 with a walk, drove a runner in, and scored once. I was really proud of my defense though. I made about 8 or 9 catches, a few of them while diving. Something is just sweet about sliding face first on a soaking wet outfield.

The Mets released Chan Ho Park today. Pardon me if I'm not shedding any tears.

I almost went to the Cubs-Braves game Saturday, though I wound up having to do other things. Although Atlanta won, it still would have been fun to see Lou Piniella blow his top live and in living color.

Music pick: "Cherokee Fiddle" Johnny Lee.

And let me leave you with this. I just realized something. Every girl I've gone out with more than one time is now married. And no, I'm not disclosing the number!

No comments: