Friday, June 29, 2007

Other thoughts from this past week

1) First of all, when the ROH show I attended last Saturday is on pay per view next September, you MUST MUST MUST buy this show. 110 bucks, two hours, and an absolutely amazing, fun, entertaining show.

2) Monday at work will be insane. My partner is out most of next week, so I have a lot of work to make up.

3) Mets sweep Philly on the road in a doubleheader. Billy Wagner records both saves. Ain't
payback a stitch?

4) It's summer time! So why can't the temperature reach 85 degrees?!

5) Sad news from the world of competitive eating. Takeru Kobayashi, the king of the Nathan's hot dog eating competition, wrote on his blog last week he seriously injured his jaw during training. He stated that he can only open his jaw about the width of a fingertip and his participation in the July 4th Nathan's contest is seriously in doubt. Hmm, considering Joey Chestnut's 59.5 dogs and buns in 12 minutes broke Kobayashi's record of 53 a few weeks ago, could he be playing possum?

6) Do I feel differently from the last blog I wrote about Chris Benoit now that more details have been released? I'm feeling a lot of emotions. I'm feeling denial, bewilderment, disbelief, shock, anger, disappointment. I guess a part of me wants to believe this isn't true.

7) I'll be at Naperville Ribfest on Sunday and Wednesday. Los Lonely Boys, randy Travis, Marshall Tucker Band for entertainment, Texas Outlaws, Howling Coyote, and roasted corn on the menu. I am pumped up!

8) I love the Knicks' draft day trade for Zach Randolph. A tough power forward who rebounds is exactly what we need playing beside Eddy Curry. Throw in Jamal Crawford, David Lee, Stephon Marbury, Nate Robinson, Renaldo Balkman, Randolph Morris, Quentin Richardson, Mardy Collins, our two more draft picks, and there's something exciting to watch. And considering we only gave up Channing Frye and Steve Francis, this is a steal. The Knicks are still a long way from being where they should be, and that's contending for a title, but I feel they helped themselves tremendously with this trade.

9) Gotta renew my driver's license tomorrow. And this comes one day after getting a parking ticket in downtown Wheaton.

10) I'm amazed how much good and confusion is in my life at the same time.

No comments: