Thursday, June 14, 2007

One young man's prayer

More and more every day
I see the struggles of my ways
What I long for, what I yearn for
Is to see your peace working in me.
I have been busy, I have been hurried.
I have been taken, I have been burdened.
What I would give to live these moments in freedom.
Not free of the responsibility, but free from the pressure.
That gently turns me away from what I want.
This life sometimes feels like I'm surviving instead of living.
I can't expect to know my future.
But shouldn't I feel like life is more
Than just making it to the next day?

Then I consider more than me.
I sense the world.
I sense the blindness, I sense the doubts.
I sense the fear, I sense our apathy.
I sense the anger, I sense the confusion.
Then I see our search for meaning, for significance.
I see how the people in this world need you.
How can we be chosen by you?
To be accepted, to be honored?
To be forgiven, to be set free?
To be loved?

Yet I still struggle to give you even ten minutes a day.
I mean more than passing thought, more than my cries for help
But to truly know what your mercy and love can do
And have already done.
Help me to see me as you see me.

I know life on earth was never meant to be easy.
Yours wasn't.
But I want mine more clear.
Where do I fit?
How can I matter?
Right now, do I matter?
I know I want to know you more.
Never forsake me.

No comments: