Thursday, November 01, 2007

I can feel it coming

Now a few more things on my mind.

Good news: My team at work won the Halloween decorating contest, we probably beat about 15 teams. We did a Statesville Hospital. I played a guy in solitary confinement. I wore a winter hat for the Jack Nicholson character in Cuckoo's Nest, and a 4XL sweatshirt with the arms tied up in front of me to make it look like I was wearing a straitjacket. We also put red tissue paper against the desk lights so red light filled our section. The other catch was we put a flattened cardboard box against the entrance to my cubicle and we cut a little peephole out so I looked like I was in jail. So people would walk by, gaze into the hole, and they'd see me sitting in my chair, staring at the red light, and rocking back and forth. A few times, I ran up to the window, and started trembling to anyone who was approaching. "Please, please let me out." A few people pointed out they were a little disturbed that I could cry so convincingly. And our grand prize for winning? 10 bucks of free gas at Shell. That's really not bad, that'll get me about a tenth of a tank.

The best thing about our neighborhood? No trick-or-treaters in 2 years!

Now I need an explanation on this. Kids, just stop reading. Chicago's Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation did studies on what scents arouse men and women. The top two scents that get men going? Donuts and pumpkin pie. I'm not sure what kind of distinctive smell a donut gives. It is interesting to point out I ate my first Krispy Kreme in about 2 years tonight, but that aside. The top two for women? Cucumber and black licorice. Now ladies, help me with this. I'm not going to even pretend I understand. Can someone describe the scent of a cucumber to me? The thing smells like water. Cucumbers are 90 percent water.

36 hours away...

Song pick: "What On Earth Will You Do For Heaven's Sake" Johnny Cash

No comments: