Sunday, January 27, 2008

My car needs a Gatorade

I planned to write 5 days ago. I just haven't had the interest lately.

1) This isn't the most I've ever driven in one weekend. But I must have set a personal record for hour long drives with 8 in a 48 hour span. Airport and back twice, Chicago Ridge and back, then to Wheaton to Geneva to then home, and finally, West Chicago to Wheaton to home. I swear by Sunday morning, I heard my car say "Man, I'm out."

2) ROH was awesome again last Saturday. One word: TEAMWORK!!!!

3) I'm halfway through reading Bret Hart's book. Top notch. This is a must read.

4) I painted my bedroom. I like the sea-esque blue. It feels very different and it's cool.

5) Volleyball did not get off to a good start. When Eli comes back, things will be better. But I seriously hope Andy never comes back. The man is 6'2'', and cannot jump. To quote someone else, he couldn't spike a drink.

6) The St. Charles Daily Herald office is closing this spring. I do think my time here is over. I'm not willing to drive 30 minutes ewach night. Even with a proposed raise, it will barely cover my gasoline expenses. So the question is what can I do with that extra time.

7) A 92 year-old blind amateur golfer just hit his first hole-in-one. If I hadn't hit one before, I would hate this guy.

8) Took 90 minutes to drive home last night from work.

9) JOHAN! JOHAN! JOHAN! But with what's going on right now, I can't bring myself to celebrate.

10) When do Mets tickets go on sale? It can't come soon enough.

Song pick: "Last of the Singing Cowboys" Marshall Tucker Band. I really identify with the character in this song, except I can't sing a lick.

No comments: