Monday, May 26, 2008

I hate basements...

Some people I know get on their blog and write deep insightful posts about life, politics, religion, other people, etc. I'm not going to do that this morning.

Since I've had the house to myself, this damn basement has flooded twice in three days. I'm ready to take a sledgehammer to this house. I'm happy to have 2 days off from work, but right now I'm ticked.

As much as I like the man, I'm ready for Willie Randolph to lose his job. These players refuse to play for him. This week has been as frustrating a time as I can remember watching this team. Swept by the Braves and then losing 2 of 3 to a terrible Colorado team. I am almost getting that numb feeling I had during the final 6 games of last season. That feeling where I expected a Mets team that was better on paper to find a way to lose to an inferior opponent and they did. That's exactly what I'm seeing. Last year though, the pitching was mostly to blame. This year, it's the offense that doesn't even come to play 3 days out of 4. So tonight, when the Mets host the first place Marlins, that crowd will be large and it will be nasty. And I have never, ever seen a player with so much talent and so poor baseball instincts as Jose Reyes.

And let me repeat what I've already said on facebook. My nutrition tip: Do not eat 2 burgers, 2 brats, drink 2 root beers, and go play ultimate frisbee for 30 minutes. And finishing it off with a root beer float...well...

Song pick: "The Clown" Conway Twitty

No comments: