Sunday, March 07, 2010

Sunday evening coming down

Thanks to Johnny Cash for allowing me to semi-borrow one of the greatest songs ever for this title. Of course, it's Wednesday morning as I'm finishing this...


1) Excuse me. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to get upset and be honest about it. I'm tired of having to put on a performance. I did it for 18 months in another setting and it was so liberating when I broke away. Not only that, but the Adams deal, that little prick Kaleta, preview photos, it doesn't end.


2) OK, moving on. The Final Showdown gag I pulled in class on Sunday did about as well as UConn against St. John's. Bottom line: it was clever and I'm proud of myself for having the nerve to do it.

3) Donald Miller is a phenomenal speaker. I think I'm going to investigate another book of his.

4) I like the Jets trading for Antonio Cromartie, giving them another excellent cover corner across from Revis. This team still has holes to fill, most notably a pass rusher. We'll see how everything looks after the draft in six weeks.

5) Rangers vs Devils tonight. I can see it now. Rangers win tonight 6-2 and lose to Atlanta on Friday 2-0.

6) Good job by El Famous Burrito. $1.00 tacos Tuesday and Thursday. Good steak and I like the warm tortillas. But would it be too much to include a little pico de gallo?

7) Mom in court later this week. I'm not feeling very optimistic. I'm praying, but I'm feeling uneasy.

8) Heard a Nok hockey reference on the FAN today. Man that reminds me of Brookwoods/Deer Run in New Hampshire back in the old days.

9) I got mentioned TWICE on Blueshirt Banter last night by The Mouth. My man! I hope I get to meet some of those guys down the road.

10) I've been able to watch a few of the old Dean Martin roasts. Bob Hope, Don Rickels, Ronald Reagan. These shows are so darn funny. Sometimes it's hard for me to not burst out laughing in the middle of the office.

Song pick: "Love's Great When You're Not It" Michael Peterson

No comments: