Monday, May 30, 2011

90 and sad?

It seems like for six months I have been just craving 90 degree weather. So after a horribly cold week, and clouds and rain through most of Saturday and Sunday, the midwest was treated to 90 degrees and sun with next to no clouds on Memorial Day. I worked from 8-2 for time and a half. Of course, little did I know how Mother Nature would choose to play her hand.

I drove 10 minutes to Top Golf in Wood Dale. I had a Groupon for my card and I was ready to do something outside for a change, especially in hot weather. I walk in and the guy tells me I will have to wait at least 90 minutes. I took off. I didn't have my disc golf bag packed either. And the weather was too hot that I did not want to go to the closed off, confined, dungeon-esque gym. So I drove home 40 minutes and it felt like 3 hours. I felt big after the pizza and beer escapade the previous night; I just felt so ugly.

I tried to tan outside and I found myself getting angry at the trees for blocking the sun! So I headed back inside and I can't really remember the next two hours. I decided to head to the kitchen and barbecue the chicken I had marinating overnight in the fridge. Opened the stainless steel doors, no chicken. Wasn't in a tupperware container, it wasn't in the freezer. Finally, I walked outside and checked the grill. I opened the cover up and sure enough, eight various-sized chunks of charcoal are laying on the rack. Even worse, Mom left the gas on too.

And what says a Memorial Day BBQ like leftover spaghetti and meatballs?

No comments: