Monday, May 23, 2011

Game 1 Recap

After getting rained out on Opening Day, we opened the season against Riverside Community Church. I liked that we are no longer wearing t-shirts. These are maroon jerseys with white striping on the side. I guess my tan won't be so full this year since I have to leave the sleeves on!

George, from last season, set the lineup since Steve was out of town. I batted second and started in left field. The quality of play early on proved we could use an exhibition game. During the first two innings, there were four double plays, two by each team, thanks to poor baserunning.

I walked and scored in the bottom of the first. On my next at-bat, I dropped a fly ball in between the SS, 2B and CF and would score. In the fourth, I grounded a single up the middle, though I hit the ball off the end of the bat. On my fourth at-bat, I hit a solid grounder up the middle, but it was turned for a force play. I also made three catches in the field, nothing was hit too hard.

We won 12-0 by slaughter rule, but since we decided to play it out, the actual final score was 13-2. Now, we have two weeks off until Game 2.

No comments: