Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mid-week break

1) So this is my second Wednesday without Feasting and Fellowship. One on hand, it's much more relaxing now that I can arrive home as soon as 5:30 as opposed to 10 pm. That said, I do miss seeing the guys every week. Burns should still owe us a round at Portillo's. Beef and sausage combo with hot peppers for me please.

2) Changes coming at work. The advisors will soon outnumber the processors 2-1. And this advisor position is essentially no better than working in a call center. 7-4 shifts are gone and 12-9 will be in. Then good news is there will still be PDC processors. I may have to be on the phone a little bit, I guess I can deal with it. But if they ever try to shoft me into an advisor role, I am leaving.

3) The Anna Maria's episode of Restuarant Impossible is one of the best ever. And that was literally the most disgusting kitchen I have ever seen.

4) Brought a 2 pound container of whey protein powder at Wal-Mart. Mixed it with water and it tastes disgusting. That may be the cheap way to consume it, but I need to come up with a way to actually make it drinkable.

5) As far as the Rangers go...they have the best record in the Eastern Conference. But I have no confidence that this team as constituted can win a Stanley Cup this season. They simply do not have the goal scoring, especailly on the power play. Now this is a young team, for the most part, so I'm not saying I would make drastic changes. But if they can acquire Rick Nash by trading Brandon Dubsinky AND without surrendering Chris Kreider, Ryan McDonagh, or Derek Stepan, they have to do it. Would have liked them to acquire Tuomo Rutuu, but he just signed an extension in Carolina.

6) I think I like the Willow Creek group. I am starting to realize that once I do get comfortable with a group, I am totally in. It usually doesn't take long to happen. And I think I am getting there with them. It's just a lot of people and I'm seeing them once every two weeks or so and sometimes that's just for a few minutes. I am waiting for Christ Community to get back to me about joining a small group...

7) That blue and orange Mets batting practice jersey looks great. $120 though...

8) Speaking of the gym, where the hell is the second 30-pound dumbbell?

9) I think I'm getting used to losing my goatee. I'm not happy about it, but I feel okay about it.

10) Fifteen days till I see my girl again!

No comments: