Monday, July 30, 2012

Dread, b-day weekend

1) I just have a sick feeling about this. When you say "I love you twice and only get a "Good night" back...

2) MM and MP hooking up. I can't say I'm shocked, especially after what I saw at karaoke Thursday night. I guess it goes back a month when I heard about these sushi nights they were having. So I guess I've learned the key to hooking up with a knockout...Remain unemployed for a year and live at home.

3) Gene and Georgetti was a really good steakhouse. I ordered a bone in strip and it was incredibly juicy with a nice char on the outside. And hey, free cottage fries! Not bad! Wasn't thrilled with the creamed spinach, it tasted too light. But the asparagus we replaced it with was much better, along with the Hollandaise sauce. I would say the surprise of the evening was our appetizer, the mussels marinara. $19, but my gosh. I have never seen mussels this big before. These mussels had to be on steroids! And the marinara they came with was beautifully seasoned with onions, garlic, and crushed pepper.

4) And I'm glad I got to see Steve Harvey on his "final" standup tour. The porcupine joke from Family Feud was one of the funniest lines I have ever heard in my life. And I think I saw maybe 15 other white people in the audience.

5) Another softball loss, this time 14-6 to St. Peter's. We're officially out of the playoffs. Only batted 1-for-3, though I scored twice. But I got a workout in left field. I think I made 9 or 10 catches. Of course, there was one low liner I couldn't handle. Somehow, the ball managed to jam my left thumb back and knock me in my....junk.

No comments: