Thursday, September 20, 2012

Lonely Wednesday night

No more travel till maybe mid-November. Back to the rants.

1) Instead of watching baseball again this year, I'd rather have my nuts pounded flat by a sledgehammer. Even with the Mets being so irrelevant, they still find ways to rip my heart out. And the Yankees sweep a doubleheader. I have to be the biggest idiot for dating a Yankees/Giants fan. It's just not going to end well.

2) Should I make the phone call to that condo on 12 Aberdeen Court in Schaumburg? I really have no desire to go there again after all that I was put through. But if someone who I trust believes it can help me grow as a man, maybe I should. But in the moment of decision, I probably wouldn't. 

3) Keith Whitley died way too soon. Even if it's been 23 years. God, that man had such a great voice for country music.

4) Two weeks till the Wheaton Academy alumni 5k. I started my training on Monday by running 2.1 miles and 21 minutes. Maybe I can run 2.5 miles on Thursday. But I know this. I ran my first 5k in a little over 29 minutes back in May. I want to see if I can do this one in under 25 minutes.

5) I'm enjoying Willow Creek's series on Proverbs. Two weeks down, and I look forward to seeing what I can learn over the next nine.

Song pick: "The Way It Was" Bee Gees

No comments: