Saturday, October 27, 2012

Heavy recap-The loooong week

1) Then the week began. Item #1 for Monday morning was not going to work in Hoffman Estates, that didn't begin until noon. Rather, I woke up at 3 am to drive to Austin’s saloon in Libertyville for a live taping of Mike and Mike. I left home at 3:30 am, arrived an hour later, and got a third row seat near Greenberg. I was probably maybe four steps away from the stage. And I wore my green Mangold jersey. It was fun despite still getting over the Jets horrible loss the previous afternoon. But the free 16 oz Old Style did help me feel better. We were a little quiet for the first hour, but once the beer and bloody marys started flowing, we turned into one rowdy bunch. Those four hours absolutely flew by.

2) The show was over by 9 a.m. and I had three hours to play with before I had to be in the office. Since the drive to Hoffman Estates was only going to take an hour, I decided to grab some breakfast. And how convenient is it that an Egg Harbor Café is right in downtown Libertyville. It's October, I wanted to get my pumpkin pancake fix. I didn't even need the menu, I ordered three amazing cakes filled with chopped pecans and topped with whipped cream and cinnamon butter. I got the combo and also got three strips of turkey bacon and scrambled eggs. Of course, I got a big 12-ounce glass of their orange-strawberry juice. Can't go to Egg Harbor without drinking that juice.

3) Temperature plummeted last night. It was 75 degrees Thursday morning, it’s down to 50 today. At least the rain is gone for a couple days. I can’t say the same about the east coast though…Hurricane Sandy, here we go…

4) After work on Thursday, I stepped outside into that cold and heavy wind along with some spitting rain. I didn’t even go to the gym. Take ‘n bake pizza

5) But last night was a big deal. After a month of chatting on Facebook, I talked to Julie from Ohio on the phone for the first time. And a conversation that I didn’t think would last too long wound up going 2 hours and 45 minutes. After dating Braves fans and Yankees fans, it is so refreshing to talk with a girl who is just as into the Mets as I am. She’s really cool. I mean, she even likes my Dr. Phil impression

6) And I may come to regret staying on the phone so late. Because left this morning for an 8-day tour to the southeast. I had to wake up at 4:45, so after feeling so tired yesterday, I’m probably going on four hours sleep! Mom's tour will take her through Lexington, Savannah, Charleston, and who knows where else. I just hope she doesn't have to deal with Hurricane Sandy.

7) Tonight is the Champs for Charity hockey game at the All State Arena. I’m already rocking my Henrik jersey. I have no idea who is going to be there, though I don’t know of any Rangers

8) All November NHL games canceled. Thank you Gary Bettman and Donald Fehr.

9) I’m so desperate for a daily sport that I am doing something I have not done in five or six years. I am participating in two fantasy basketball drafts this weekend.

10) The Knicks' age worries me. I think they'll be the 5th seed behind Miami, Boston, Indiana, and Brooklyn and then out in the second round, thanks to Miami.

11) My only set plans for Saturday are the gym and apple picking with the Willow Creek singles and Compass groups in Hobart, Indiana

12) At Butera, I was looking for some Naked juice. Apparently, it’s not available there anymore, at least not the flavors I usually buy. Instead, they sell the Alo drinks. I got a bottle of Aloe vera with wheatgrass. That’s a drink, not a lotion. I have no idea what it’s going to do for me. But I know wheatgrass is super healthy. And so the drink sounds healthy and tastes bad. That’s a good sign I’m getting healthy.

No comments: