Thursday, January 30, 2014

Detox-Part 2

Day 3
It's 3:15 on Wednesday afternoon. Breakfast wasn't too different, just another drink of green machine. A few hours later, I had three handfuls of sweet potato pop chips. I keep going back to those, in small doses. I have to keep reminding myself that they are not fried! For lunch, I made an almond butter sandwich on wheat bread. It's gotten to the point where I'm almost nervous about eating any kind of bread, even if it's whole grain! I also had three stalks of celery and a honey crisp apple. A few minutes ago, I had one handful of my almond/dried cranberry mix and that really does help to keep my energy up and keep my stomach at ease for a couple of hours.

I hadn't been lifting much lately, so I made sure to get a solid workout in. Dinner was a shake with almond milk, peanut butter, a banana, and vanilla extract. It tasted pretty decent. Sadly, it needed a spoonful of vanilla ice cream!

Day 4
Today, breakfast was an orange and a little more green machine. For lunch, I had baked a mixture of Yukon gold potatoes, spinach, asparagus, and tomatoes. I had that along with an avocado. After work, I ran five miles on the treadmill. Dinner was a couple of pieces of crusty whole grain bread and a bowl of lentil soup which I prepared in my Vitamix. It wasn't the best soup I've ever had; it had cumin, cinnamon, and some other spices that gave it almost an Indian or Middle Eastern flavor, which I'm not totally find of. But it was good to have a soup other than chicken or tortilla. And I think it's really cool  that I can actually make soups right in a blender and heat it as well!

So I'm almost to the midway point. I'm down three pounds already. No meat, no white flour, no dairy, no fried food, no caffeine, and no alcohol. But I have to admit I have a craving for some Burt's pizza or some smoked chicken wings and turkey from Q-BBQ.

No comments: