Wednesday, February 22, 2017

First hard run done

Well I'm back in the gym. It's a pretty low brow place, there are no towels or locker rooms. But that's ok. For some of us, we don't need a lot of bells and whistles. The attitude is walk in, work out, and get out.

I did my first treadmill run and the plan was do to a reasonable ten minute warm up and cool down with a pretty vigorous 20 minute run in the middle. And by the tim I reached the 22 minute mark, it felt like it was taking forever. But I knew every step I took was going to make me a little bit better and a little more prepared for the big race. I completed 4.5 miles in 40 minutes.

Typically I'm feeling discomfort in my lower quads the day after a hard run. So I immediately came home and stretched for about 20 minutes. And before I hit the sack, I lathered my upper legs in Ben Gay. Right now, I'm feeling good, but I'm just hoping I'll feel good thorughout the day. Today it's Wednesday, so that means a little DDP Yoga and then tomorrow, I have interval interval training.

The journey continues.

No comments: